Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The search for Chocolate Pronutro

So I love Pronutro - grew up with it - especially the "chocolate" type... I have been looking for something comparable to it here in the US, with very little success. Well this past week I had a breakthrough! I bought some Cream of Wheat:

http://www.creamofwheat.com/creamofwheat/cow_products.asp

and in a moment of insanity added some Hershey's Dark Chocolate syrup (about a tablespoon) to the 5/9s cup of milk I added to it before putting it in the microwave. I microwaved it for 1.5 minutes, then mixed in 2 teaspoons of Splenda sugar-like granules.

I was AMAZED at how close to Chocolate Pronutro the taste & texture was!!

So to recap:
  1. B&G Original Instant Cream of wheat
  2. Add 5/9s cup cold milk (not the 2/3s they say, it is too sloppy)
  3. Add Tablespoon Dark Chocolate Hershey's Syrup
  4. Microwave for 1.5 minutes
  5. Add 2 teaspoons Sugar / Splenda (that measures like sugar)
  6. Mix for 1 minute with a spoon.
  7. WHALLAH!!

No comments: